Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Monday Shopping Trip!

As some of you may know, I wound up in the ER this past Sunday night due to a nasty asthma attack. Because we didn't leave the hospital until very late, I called off of work on Monday. Even though I didn't have to work, I felt amazing when I woke up Monday morning. (It's amazing how great you feel when you're able to breathe!) I decided to make the most of my day off by doing the shopping I wasn't able to do on Sunday (because, you know, my lips were blue).

Yesterday, I posted this picture on Facebook. (The picture does not include my 2 1-pound boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios!) This was my shopping trip that included a trip to Kroger and a stop at Rite Aid. Total retail value was around $85... and I paid around $15. I'm going to break down how I did it!


First stop: Kroger
**Please note that each item listed below was part of a Kroger promotion where if you buy 5 participating items, you get $5 off of your purchase. The "on sale for" price was the price after that sale. Since I bought 15 items, I automatically saved $15 off of the retail price.**

1. 2 1-lb boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios
-On sale for $1.99 each
-I used a $1 off of 2 boxes ($1/2) coupon
-Cost: $1.49 each
2. 1 1-lb box of Lucky Charms
3. 1 1-lb box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch
-Both on sale for $1.99 each
-I used a $1 off of 2 boxes ($1/2) coupon
-Cost: $1.49 each
4. 2 boxes Fruit Roll-Ups
-On sale for $1.89 each
-I used a $.60/2 coupon that doubled to $1/2
-Cost: $1.39 each
5. 2 Downy Unstoppables
-On sale for $3.99 each
-I used 2 $2/1 coupons
-Cost: $1.99 each
6. 4 Satin Care Shave Gels
-On sale for $.99 each
-I used 2 $.50/1 coupons (I had only planned on buying 2 of these [since I only had 2 coupons], but Kroger was out of another product that I had planned on buying 2 of. Since these were so cheap, I grabbed 2 more so that I would have a multiple of 5 purchases to get the sale prices I wanted!)
-Cost: $.50 each
7. 1 tube of Crest Pro Health
-On sale for $1.69
-I used a $1/1 coupon
-Cost: $.69
8. 1 Formula 409
-On sale for $1.49
-I used a $1/1 coupon
-Cost: $.49
9. 1 Pine Sol (Original Scent)
-On sale for $1.49
-I used a $1.50/1 coupon
-Cost: FREE! (And, seriously, I couldn't be happier. This stuff smells SO great!)
10. 1 tube of Aquafresh Kids Toothpaste
-Sale price: 2 for $3 or $1.50 each (Not part of $5/5 sale)
-I used a $.75/1 coupon that doubled to $1/1
-Cost: $.50

On my Kroger Plus Card, I had a "$5 off your next purchase" coupon from entering a Pillsbury recipe contest. 
After tax, the price was $11.40.

Second Stop: Rite Aid
1. 2 14-lb boxes of kitty litter
-Normal cost: $8.99 each
-On sale for $5 each (with Wellness card)
-I used 2 $3.50/1 coupons
-Cost: $3.65



Special thanks to krogerkrazy.com for helping me get such great deals on my purchases!

No comments:

Post a Comment