Sunday, April 28, 2013

How I organize my shopping trips!

I wanted to take a minute to share with you all how I organize my trips to the store! You already know about the coupon caddy that I use, but I want to give you a sneak peek at how I plan the trips.

I browse through local ads and use websites like Kroger Krazy and Coupon Mom to find the best deals on items I need and have coupons for. Then, I grab one of my grocery shopping sheets and fill it out!


The different columns are:
Quantity: the number of the item I intend on purchasing
Item: the brand name of the item and specific quantity (ex: Bounce dryer sheets [40 count])
Cost per: the cost per item
Total: the total of the quantity of items before coupons
Coupons: coupons I have plus any store discounts
Final total: what I expect to pay after store discounts and coupons

I have the first "Total" to help when I am shopping an event like "Save $5 when you spend $25." While I don't actually intend to spend $25 of my money, I need to make sure that the total of my items before coupons is $25.

Here's the fun part- I will send a PDF file of my grocery list to anyone who wants it! Feel free to use it for your own personal couponing. Comment below (or on my Facebook page) with your email address and I will send it to you. Thanks for reading! :)

1 comment: