Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Last week's Kroger trip!

Last week, I posted a picture on Facebook showing what I Purchased at Kroger for less than $5! Here it is again for you to admire.



After that trip, I decided that I really needed to go back to Kroger and pick up some more cereal. So, this was my second trip.


I was so excited that all of this was just under $10! So, all in all, for less than $17 (rounding both figures up by $1), I got...

  • 13 boxes of cereal
  • 3 bottles of Tone body wash
  • 2 packages of Pillsbury biscuits (one of which I used to make pizza balls tonight... yum!)
  • 2 bottles of barbecue sauce
  • 2 bottles of mustard

AWESOME.

Here's how I did it-

Transaction 1 (first picture)
  • 2 boxes of Lucky Charms: $1.99 each & used a $1/2 coupon
  • 2 boxes of Multi Grain Cheerios: $1.99 each & used 2 $.75/1 coupons that doubled
  • 2 boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch: $1.99 each & used 2 $.60/1 coupons that doubled
  • 2 bottles of French's mustard: $.75 each & used 2 $.50/1 coupons that doubled = FREE!
  • 2 packages of Pillsbury biscuits: $.99 each & used a $1/2 coupon
All of these items were included in the Kroger Mega Event, where you got $5 off automatically when you bought 10 participating items.

Transaction 2 (second picture)
  • 2 boxes of Lucky Charms: $1.99 each & used a $1/2 coupon
  • 2 boxes of Multi Grain Cheerios: $1.99 each & used 2 $.75/1 coupons that doubled
  • 3 boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch: $1.99 each & used a $.60/1 coupons that doubled and a $1/2 coupon
  • 3 bottles of Tone body wash: $2.77 each & used a B2G1 (buy 2, get 1) coupon and a $1.50/2 coupon
  • Kraft Barbecue Sauce: $1 each and used a $1/2 coupon
All of these items (except the barbecue sauce) were included in the Kroger Mega Event, where you got $5 off automatically when you bought 10 participating items.

It's a great feeling, knowing that I have enough cereal and body wash to last for 6 months! Oh, and here is a picture of my stockpile!


It's not unusual to find me staring at it with the closet door wide open... and I have no shame in that. At least now, my husband can no longer say, "Hey, honey? I ran out of shampoo a few days ago and I've been using yours since then." He has 12 bottles JUST for him... no need to take mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment